It has been raining alot and I have not been good at thinking of the rainy day ideas of things to stay busy so I thought I would write some down so I will actually do them!!
- Read a good book- There are so many I want to read to the boys and my voice gets tired just thining about it. What are some of your favorites? I am so excited now that they are starting to read aloud more themselves! P. is reading a Pilgrim’s Progress right now and H. is reading short little books. I got some new Little Jewel books though I am going to read to my three year old every day.
- Puzzles- we were given some new puzzles and they are great for keeping them occupied for awhile
- Small chalkboards and chalk- Get them to spell out new words
- Play games like Mother May I and Red Light/Green light if you have a long enough room
- Board games
- Coloring books
- Dress up- even for boys we found alot of great dress up things like cowboy hats, rubber boots, doctor stuff etc.
- Cleaning- not really something fun, but they can think it is. Vacuuming, washing windows etc.
- Homemade playdough- there is edible stuff you can make that is good for you and the regular stuff. It is not hard and they love it!
So, I need to get busy and get doing some more of these things! It maybe will stop raining sometime soon!