Seeing as one year is almost up, i needed to update this and see how far i have come….i don’t think I actually completed it, but hey, I think I have a week still!!! It was alot of fun! I think I will make another one this next year! <p>
1. Plant Seeds in the house
2. See a homeless person and give him/her some hot food- I could not find one when I was able to get hot food, but I gave them food and he seemed appreciative
3. Smile all day at everyone you see
Find two out of the ordinary things you can do for two people
5. Read an entire book out loud to your children in one day (more than 3 chapters)-almost, started this one..I did get much better at reading aloud this year.
6. Eat something you have never eaten before
7. Invite a friend to lunch
8. Go swimming-did not do this one…I just couldn’t make myself. i took the boys swimming, I stuck my feet in.
9. Ride bike to a friends house- I rode bike and walked, but not to a friends house
Bake cookies to give away
Call three people to see how they are doing
12. Write three real letters and mail them
Volunteer at the Battered Women’s shelter (I tried to do this one, you have to do alot of stuff to do it, so it is in the process)
14. Decorate a cake- i am planning on taking a class still, working on that one still.
15. Read an old classic book
Invite someone over for dinner
17. Make an emergency kit for the house- on the list for this week
Check all safety devices in house for good batteries etc. Smoke alarms, CO detectors etc.
19. Buy a bag of food for a family in need
20. Send off a box of cheer to someone who needs it- I am trying to remember if I did this, or if i just meant to. I think it will be something I will do this week.
Invite a single mom over for tea
22. Spend a day fasting, use the time to do something for someone else
Share my testimony of how God worked in my life
24. Make a de-clutter inventory list- 70% of our time can be spent on clutter
25. Plan a day to raise money for missions
Plan a mini retreat and go on it
28. Volunteer on a Habitat for humanity project
29. Sew a blanket, an apron or something and give it away
Take part in a community church outreach event– I spoke at Teen MOPS
31. Visit a church you have never been to before
32. Write 3 birthday cards and send them to people
33. Visit three people who have not had visitors at a nursing home
Visit a friend you have not visited in awhile
Invite someone over for tea or coffee
Take your children swimming
37. Take your children to the park
. Think of a person who looked discouraged last week, and do something you think will encourage them
39. Buy flowers and enjoy them
40. Give a plant to a friend
Be Brave, call someone and ask if they want to share a meal with you. If they cannot, call someone else until you find someone. Don’t be hurt if they cannot, keep trying.
42. Get my passport- got the application, I have some pictures too.
Pick up a plastic bag of garbage outside, on the side of the road etc.
44. Start a compost pile- as soon as I get the box built, it is there this spring
Shovel someone’s sidewalk the boys did this one
Give a jar of jam to a neighbor
Send out three thinking of you cards
Visit someone who is ill
Donate a bag of diapers to the pregnancy center
Check and see if there is a community event you can attend that the money you spend goes to a good cause
51. Read a book about missions with your family
52. Bring a box of stuff you are getting rid of to the second hand store or Freecycle
<p> So hey, that is not too bad!!! The others are in the process mostly, except for a few…